Great content on your website can be a successful way to establish you as the niche authority in your business.
Content should add value to the conversation and the community.
It should be engaging and shareable.
Yes, as the saying goes, Content is King.
Content marketing can produce a significant return on investment, if done carefully and effectively. This is a competitive endeavor in the marketplace, so you need an effective strategy to get the best ROI.
There are three basics needed for a content marketing strategy that pays off including:
There is so much on the web today, it’s overwhelming. If your content is not high quality, it could actually hurt you more than help. Viewers will not even bother to read content that is written poorly. At worst, it can damage your reputation.
Your content should be directed mostly toward current customers to keep them returning for your business. It should be relevant to your desired audience and provide information that they actually care about.
A STRATEGIC KEYWORD PLAN
Bringing in traffic to your site requires you to have a good keyword plan. This should be in place before you start creating and posting content in order for it to be most effective.
Content Needs Variety
Multiple forms of content are recommended to achieve the best results. Don’t build your content marketing strategy around just one or two types.
- Blogging can be a great form of content. Blog content should be informed and relevant to your target audience and provide interesting and valuable information.
- Email Marketing can update your current and prospective customers with news and information to help them in their endeavors.
- Infographics can be a great way to enhance your content. These “pictures”can include interesting information that can depict your customers’ challenges.
- Social Media Updates can engage your audience with relevant content.
- Audio/Video Production is huge on the web. Ever heard of YouTube Videos and audios can be great ways to share content for your website, blogs, and social media sites.
- Public Relations can include press releases, but also input from other writers and influencers in your target markets to educate the market about issues and solutions with your unique perspective and value.
Create Community-Focused Content
Content is best focused on local customers and the community. Getting involved with and investing in your local organizations and businesses can earn you valuable links and internet traffic. Content marketing establishes your business as athought leader and innovator, connects with and builds communities and relationships (know, like, and trust), and directly impacts your website’s search engine rankings and traffic.
You can manage your own content marketing strategy for your business, but it requires time, expertise, and knowledge to do so. Dedicating this effort may not be something you want to do or are able to do. So many businesses depend on the professionals to create and maintain their content marketing strategy because they would rather depend on the experts to make it successful and effective.